Black + Latino = A one of a kind Izzy Mcfly


    Over a year ago, I had a chance to get to speak to  Izzy Mcfly, a half black half Latino artist with a one of a kind style, back in the day I was still in the most stable situation, unfortunately, it took me a while to make this write up due to circumstances which cannot be avoided. 

 It’s not common for a young artist to be able to build himself up nowadays, so here is how the conversation goes with Izzy.

 

1. A brief history and How long have you been in the business? 

Izzy McFly - After a sad 2015 first semester of college, I was literally lost. No outlets for sports kicked off the football team, started messing up in class because I couldn’t concentrate; it took a big toll on me. In the second semester of college, I went in with a little less stress and an open mind. One day at my then roommate’s house off-campus, he and his boys decided to throw on beats to freestyle too. Going in rotation, I ended up saying a few things because I actually knew how to freestyle a little. Days and a few weeks go by, it’s a Cameron beat that lasted 7 minutes and I ran through it nonstop. They began to tell me to start writing, and so I did. This was January 2016. Around June is when I began recording to get a feel, so four years in the business.

2. What sparks the interest in rap music? 

Izzy McFly - What sparked my interest in rap music was growing up listening to the music my dad played, other artists I’d find on different music sites or YouTube. What sparked my interest in rapping was when I heard Joey Bada$$ my freshman year of high school. He’s only a few years older so at the time I was amazed by how advanced he was for a then 16/17-year old rapper. Also listening to Mac Miller, Big Sean, Drake, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, and Wiz Khalifa. They all had their own style of HipHop that separated them from the mainstream and trending styles. 

3. Your influences besides your dad? 

Izzy McFly - My main influence is Q Tip. Out of all the 70s/80s/90s/00s up until now, he’s always been the one I gravitated to the most. His production, songs, flow, style, everything about him seemed effortless and that has a major impact on my music today. Makes me want to stand out and be recognized for my artistry, craft, my story as well as my lyricism.

4. There are some that say you sounded like Drake at times, what makes you different?

Izzy McFly - That’s funny honestly. Never really heard that before. Definitely heard I give off Drake vibes when I dip more into my artistry rather than rapping. He’s definitely an influence of mine but what makes me different is my story. Not too sure how his prior upbringing was prior to acting but I’m sure we don’t correlate much in that aspect of life. He’s there already, been there since he started making music. I consider him to still hold the torch because everything he makes is a hit. But, I can’t rap about having a million dollars and actually hop out of the studio to that. We’re on completely different paths in the same business. 

5. What would you like the world to know about you and what you do?

Izzy McFly - I would like the world to know that your life isn’t over yet. Even if you feel like you’re giving up, don’t. Tomorrow’s never promised and somebody always has it a million times worse, so be grateful you get to experience hurt. It builds you into who you need to be and not want to be. Believe in yourself at all times and when or if you lose that niche, always remember where you started. Remember how far you came; remember what it feels like to be at the bottom because when you reach the top, it’ll feel way better! Don’t be too hard on yourself, do just enough that you don’t stress yourself out. Don’t hurt the people that you genuinely love because of all the hurt you’re facing in life. Even if their motives hurt you, don’t change who you are and stoop down to levels you shouldn’t. You’ll end up saying or doing something you will most definitely end up regretting. Be true to yourself. Learn to love yourself and control your emotions. Never move out of reaction or emotion. Let life handle its course. It gets better All in due time. Now what I’d like the world to know about me? I’m coming for everything I was never given. I don’t care who I lose on this path now. I’ve hurt people I loved the most. Messed up too many opportunities and missed out on a life I could’ve had complete control of because I allowed myself not to. It’s over for that. I’m sorry to the ones I’ve hurt along the way, genuinely and truly sorry. I thank the ones who genuinely and truly hurt me because you’ve taught me more lessons than a classroom ever could. 

Izzy McFly will be the next big thing and you saw it here first. What I like about this guy is the passion for his music will definitely take him to places far beyond his expectations, currently working with one of the kings of pop/RnB Dyshon Benson I personally would like to keep my eyes on this newest artist to hit the music scene by storm. Yeah, he is the first half Latino king of my blogs. 

To hear more on Izzy music check out the links of his stream down below:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Philip Page does Saving Ghosts: Paranormal Investigations

I Remember:Jay Fresh Money

Az Yet: the Voice, the Music, the Soul in R&B